** AUCTION HAS NOW ENDED! THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED AND SHARED FOR ME AND CONGRATS TO RUTH KEITH, THE NEW OWNER OF "SOUTHERN CROSS"! **
Thanks to those of you who supported me throughout my Battle of the Beadsmith 2013 journey - it really was a fantastic two month epic! I put my life on hold while I created this piece, "Southern Cross", and I so appreciated your patience and support, seeing as I really had to put all my other jewellery projects on hold while I threw myself into this. It really is a little piece of me woven into this piece - a piece of my heart and my soul. I don't regret a single moment of it!
It took in excess of 65 hours of hand-stitching to complete (over the course of 7 weeks). I can't tell you EXACTLY how long it took, as I actually stopped counting after 65 hours, figuring it really didn't matter. It would take as long as it took. I can tell you though that every single hour was a joy. This is without a doubt the largest, most intricate and most time-consuming piece I have ever made (and probably ever WILL make), and I wish I could keep it! Alas, I have to keep the wolves from the door somehow, and so I have decided to auction it off, setting the starting bid/reserve at a mere NZ$100 (which is approximately what I spent on supplies for this piece).
So here's a little more about the piece itself:
Name of piece: "Southern Cross". As I am the only entrant from New Zealand, I wanted to incorporate something with a NZ flavour into my design. I decided to use the Southern Cross (which is the constellation on our national flag) as my inspiration. The design is my interpretation of the night sky after sunset and before sunrise.
Materials used: Size 11 and 15 Delica seed beads, Swarovski crystals (4mm and 8mm), Swarovski pearls (4mm and 6mm), Swarovski rivoli (14mm), Swarovski fancy stone (30mm), Swaroski flatback crystals, Nicole's Bead Backing, Ultrasuede, Glass Cats Eye cabachon, Crystal 6lb Fireline thread, Tulip beading needle, velvet ribbon.
Size of piece: Embroidered part: 27cm x 26cm (10 1/4in x 10 1/2in) plus ribbon so it is fully adjustable for length.
Here's how the auction will work...
* The starting bid is NZ$100. This price includes shipping (courier within NZ, or international airmail outside of NZ).
* Place your bid by leaving a comment in the section below (you don't need to have a Google account to do this - just choose "anonymous" from the drop-down box in the comment section)
* When placing your bid using the ANONYMOUS function, you MUST leave your name so I know who you are if you win!
* If for any reason, you are unable to place a bid using the comments section, I am happy to do so on your behalf - just email me at email@example.com and advise me of the bid you wish to place. I will post the comment for you!
* I will post the winner's name on this blog and on my Facebook page, so please check back regularly if you do not follow either my blog or my Facebook page (I won't ask for your email address here as I know a lot of you don't like to leave it on a public forum).
* Auction will begin as soon as this post becomes live, and will last for two weeks, closing Tuesday 9th July at 5pm (NZ time). I will post regular updates on my Facebook page as to how long the auction has to run, so I highly suggest you follow that page to keep abreast of the situation!
* Once the winner is announced, they will have 48hrs to contact me to confirm their delivery address.
* Winner must pay by midnight on 14th July, NZ time. International winner may pay by Paypal/credit card, NZ winner can choose between Paypal/credit card, or deposit into NZ bank account.
* If winner does not confirm delivery address within 48 hours of me contacting them to advise of their win, the piece will be offered to the next highest bidder and so-on. All subsequent winners contacted will also have the same 5 days to make payment (as above).
If you have any questions, please contact me! Happy bidding and thanks so much for your support!
** PLEASE click on the images to get the larger, detailed pics! **
Happy bidding!! xx